Winning awards is an important process in my professional development as it provides me and my customers positive confirmation of my creative and technical skills. It is especially significant to win medals in National competitions where five-six highly proficient and renown judges have to agree that an image has an ‘X factor’ over other excellent photos. Check out my most recent awards inside this post.
Honours & Awards, Certifications & Publications
- New Zealand Camera is a top quality 160 page case bound coffee-table book that showcases the work of Photographic Society of New Zealand members.
- Gold PSA medal for ‘Watching Through Time‘. Belgrade Photo International Salon had 4,588 photos by 321 authors from 62 countries in the City category.
Gold SALON medal for “The Fish Merchants: 5th Exhibition of Photography “Portrait 2015″ -ZAJECAR with 1,820 photos by 460 authors from 62 countries in the Monochrome category.
- Gold UPI medal for ‘The Boulders’ in Danube Photo Club Digital Circuit with 1,290 photos in the Nature category by 325 authors from 52 countries.
Champion Image for the triptych ‘Silo 6′ at the Nelson National Triptych Salon.
- Gold FIAP medal: the Photo Association of Serbia had 1,344 images submitted for the Nature category by 340 photographer from 56 countries.
- Awarded the distinction Associate of the Photographic Society of New Zealand after submitting a portfolio of 12 portraits to the PSNZ Honours Board. I am now able to use the letters APSNZ after my name
- The Shirley Peverill Memorial Trophy with a Gold medal for the Best Photojournalism Print for my image ‘The Scholar‘
- Awarded a PSNZ Bronze medal for the image titled ‘Zebra Looking Down’ - Digital Monochrome category
- New Zealand Herald [April 11, 2014 paper edition]: featured inside a double spread together with three other Auckland photographers
- Gold PSA medal for ‘The Scholar’. The image came first out of 2,128 photos, submitted by 534 authors from 61 countries in the Monochrome category of the competition: “Ecological Truth 2014”.
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: one Highly Commended & seven Acceptance awards
- Tauranga Audio-Visual Salon – Acceptance award for the AV ‘Lest We Forget’
- Awarded the International Association of Art Photographers [IAAP] Silver medal from International Salon in Serbia
- Silver Medal at the International Association of Art Photographers [IAAP] from the International Salon in Serbia
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: Two Bronze medals, one Highly Commended & nine Acceptance
- Natex: Four Selected Awards
- NZIPP Iris Awards: One Silver Distinction, six Silver and one Bronze award.
- Awarded the distinction Master of The NZIPP
- NZIPP: Finalist Portrait Classic Category
- NZIPP: Finalist Portrait Creative Category
- AIPP APPA: Two Silver and one Silver Distinction
- D-Photo magazine: featured in a three double spread article inside this prestigious magazine!
- f11 magazine – September 2013 edition
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: Two Bronze medals, one Honours & nine Acceptance NZIPP Iris Awards: One Silver Distinction, two Silver and five Bronze awards
- NZIPP Accredited Member
- Awarded the distinction Associate of The NZIPP
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: One Bronze and one Silver medal
- NZIPP Iris Awards: five Bronze awards.
- NZIPP: Qualified as a Portrait Photographer.
Click here to enjoy more of my recent awards