Winning awards is an important process in my professional development as it provides me and my customers positive confirmation of my creative and technical skills. It is especially significant to win medals in National competitions where five-six highly proficient and renown judges have to agree that an image has an ‘X factor’ over other excellent photos. Check out my most recent awards inside this post.
Honours & Awards, Certifications & Publications
- Exhibited as part of the North Shore National Salon of Photography 2015 – Mairangi Bay Art Centre, Auckland.
- Gold PSA medal for the image Attitude on the 1st Circular Exhibition of Photography by Photo club Kula in the category ‘Open Monochrome’
- Silver Salon medal for the image ‘The Nun’ in Tour Circuit 2015 by Novi Sad under the category ‘Women’.
- Silver medal for the image ‘Coffee with a Smile‘ from North Shore National Salon of Photography 2015 under the set subject ‘People‘.
- Exhibited together with Contemporary Photography Foundation as part of Auckland Festival of Photography: Kinder House, Parnell, Auckland.
- PSA Gold Medal for the image The Boulders in the Landscape Category of 1st International Salon of Photography Romanija Photos
- Exhibited in Auckland Festival of Photography as part of NZIPP 2014 Iris Award: a touring exhibition showcasing the highest scoring photographs and celebrating the excellence of NZ’s professional photographers.
- SALON Silver medal for ‘The Scholar‘ in the Croatia First Circular Exhibition of Photography: “DIGITALNA FOTO ARHIVA CIRCUIT 2015″
- SALON Gold medal for ‘Dome of the Rock’ in Serbia’s 1st Circular Exhibition of Photography: “Digitalna Foto Arhiva Circuit 2015″
- PSA Gold Medal for the image ‘On Patrol’ in Serbia’s 1st Circular Exhibition of Photography: “Digitalna Foto Arhiva Circuit 2015″
- PCA Gold medal for the image ‘The Fish Merchant’ in ”BALKAN DREAM” Photo Exhibition, Serbia which had 1,197 entries.
- PSA Gold Medal for ‘Twins in Boots’ in the Nude section of the Open-air Photo Award international photographic competition which received 922 images by 122 authors from 39 countries.
- FIAP Ribbon for ‘The Fish Merchant’ in the Mankind section of the Open-air Photo Award international photographic competition.
- IAAP Gold medal for ‘The Scholar‘ in the Addiction section of the Open-air Photo Award international photographic competition.
- Gold Salon medal for ‘The Magazine Shop’ in the 1st MALINIK Digital Circuit 2015 Belgradchik which received 1,947 images by 494 authors from 59 countries.
- Published in the 2015 New Zealand Camera. This is a top quality, 160 page, case bound coffee-table book that showcases the work of members of the Photographic Society of New Zealand.
- Gold PSA medal for ‘Watching Through Time‘. Belgrade Photo International Salon had 4,588 photos by 321 authors from 62 countries in the City category.
Gold SALON medal for “The Fish Merchants: 5th Exhibition of Photography “Portrait 2015″ Serbia and Bulgaria with 1,820 photos by 460 authors from 62 countries in the Monochrome category.
Submitted 18 monochrome prints to win a Fellowship from Photographic Society of New Zealand [PSNZ]
- Published a book: ‘Black, White and Colour’ – Exhibition Catalogue
- Held a solo exhibition ‘Black, White and Colour’: Silo Park, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland Waterfront.
- Gold UPI medal for ‘The Boulders’ in Danube Photo Club Digital Circuit with 1,290 photos in the Nature category by 325 authors from 52 countries.
Champion Image for the triptych ‘Silo 6′ at the Nelson National Triptych Salon.
- Gold FIAP medal: the Photo Association of Serbia had 1,344 images submitted for the Nature category by 340 photographer from 56 countries.
- Exhibited in Auckland Festival of Photography as part of NZIPP 2013 Iris Award
- NZIPP Iris Awards: six Silver and four Bronze awards. Finalist of the Creative category.
- Awarded the distinction Associate of the Photographic Society of New Zealand after submitting a portfolio of 12 portraits to the PSNZ Honours Board. I am now able to use the letters APSNZ after my name
- The Shirley Peverill Memorial Trophy with a Gold medal for the Best Photojournalism Print for my image ‘The Scholar‘
- Awarded a PSNZ Bronze medal for the image titled ‘Zebra Looking Down’ – Digital Monochrome category
- New Zealand Herald [April 11, 2014 paper edition]: featured inside a double spread together with three other Auckland photographers
- Gold PSA medal for ‘The Scholar’. The image came first out of 2,128 photos, submitted by 534 authors from 61 countries in the Monochrome category of the competition: “Ecological Truth 2014”.
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: one Highly Commended & seven Acceptance awards
- Tauranga Audio-Visual Salon – Acceptance award for the AV ‘Lest We Forget’
- Silver Medal at the International Association of Art Photographers [IAAP] from the International Salon in Serbia
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: Two Bronze medals, one Highly Commended & nine Acceptance
- Natex: Four Selected Awards
- Exhibited in Auckland Festival of Photography as part of NZIPP 2012 Iris Award
- NZIPP Iris Awards: One Silver Distinction, six Silver and one Bronze award.
- Awarded the distinction Master of The NZIPP
- NZIPP: Finalist Portrait Classic Category
- NZIPP: Finalist Portrait Creative Category
- AIPP APPA: Two Silver and one Silver Distinction
- D-Photo magazine: featured in a three double spread article inside this prestigious magazine!
- f11 magazine – September 2013 edition
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: Two Bronze medals, one Honours & nine Acceptance NZIPP Iris Awards: One Silver Distinction, two Silver and five Bronze awards
- NZIPP Accredited Member
- Awarded the distinction Associate of The NZIPP
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: One Bronze and one Silver medal
- NZIPP Iris Awards: five Bronze awards.
- NZIPP: Qualified as a Portrait Photographer.
Click here to enjoy more of my recent awards