Award Winning Photographs
- Gold PSA medal for ‘Watching Through Time‘. Belgrade Photo International Salon had 4,588 photos by 321 authors from 62 countries in the City category.
- Gold UPI medal for ‘The Boulders‘. Danube Photo Club had 1,290 photos by 325 authors from 52 countries in the Nature category of the 2nd Digital Circuit.
- IAAP Silver medal in the Journalism category of the international exhibition of art photography Paracin with 2797 photos by 213 authors from 51 countries.
- Champion Image for the triptych ‘Silo 6′ at the Nelson National Triptych Salon
- Gold FIAP medal. The Photo Association of Serbia had 1,344 images submitted for the Nature category by 340 photographer from 56 countries.
- Awarded the distinction Associate of the Photographic Society of New Zealand after submitting a portfolio of 12 portraits to the PSNZ Honours Board. I am now able to use the letters APSNZ after my name.
- The Shirley Peverill Memorial Trophy with a Gold medal for the Best Photojournalism Print – awarded at PSNZ Natex conference.
- Awarded a PSNZ Bronze medal for the image titled ‘Zebra Looking Down’ - Digital Monochrome category
- Awarded Gold PSA medal for ‘The Scholar‘ in the Monochrome category of the “Ecological Truth 2014″ competition held by the Photographic Association of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: one Highly Commended & seven Acceptance awards
- Tauranga Audio-Visual Salon – Acceptance award for the AV ‘Lest We Forget’
- Silver Medal at the International Association of Art Photographers [IAAP] from the International Salon in Serbia
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: Two Bronze medals, one Highly Commended & nine Acceptance
- Natex: Four Selected Awards
- NZIPP Iris Awards: One Silver Distinction, six Silver and one Bronze award.
- Awarded the distinction Master of The NZIPP
- NZIPP: Finalist Portrait Classic Category
- NZIPP: Finalist Portrait Creative Category
- AIPP APPA: Two Silver and one Silver Distinction
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: Two Bronze medals, one Honours & nine Acceptance
- NZIPP Iris Awards: One Silver Distinction, two Silver and five Bronze awards
- NZIPP Accredited Member
- Awarded the distinction Associate of The NZIPP
- North Shore National Salon of Photography: One Bronze and one Silver medal
- NZIPP Iris Awards: five Bronze awards.
- NZIPP: Qualified as a Portrait Photographer.
Winning awards is an important process in my professional development as it provides me and my customers positive confirmation of my creative and technical skills. It is especially significant to win medals in National competitions where five-six highly proficient and renown judges have to agree that an image has an ‘X factor’ over other excellent photos. Check out my most recent awards inside this post.
I am an active member of the North Shore Photographic Society where I present my images on a regular basis. In 2010 I won the bronze medal in the Architecture section of the North Shore National Salon of Photography with the image ‘Britomart One’. In 2011 I won a silver medal in the set subject Power with the image ‘The Tower’. This is also when I joined New Zealand Institute of Professional Photography [NZIPP] to win five bronze in the prestigious nzipp Iris Professional Photography Awards 2011. These images demonstrate high standard of professional practice, craft and skill and are important recognition by my fellow photographers.
In 2012 I won twelve awards with North Shore National Salon in the categories Open Color, Open Monochrome, The Family of Man, Abstract and Urban Environment (the Bronze medals were awarded to the images: ‘Twins in Boots’ and ‘Kenwood’). This year I also won four Bronze and three Silver awards from nzipp and have been awarded the distinction of Associate as well as being accredited as a Qualified Portrait Photographer by NZIPP. The title of Associate Member denotes a high standard of creative flair and communication.
In 2013 I won twelve awards at the North Shore National Salon in categories: Open Color, Open Monochrome, Vegetation and Portrait. My two Bronze medals were awarded to the images titled: ‘Looking Up’ and ‘Piazza del Campo’. In 2013 I have also been awarded the Distinction Master of the NZIPP! The title of Master denotes a superior standard of creative flair and strong communication. NZIPP Distinctions are recognised across the world as a benchmark of excellence. Members who enter the annual Iris Awards earn points towards each level of distinction. My achievements in 2013 include two Bronze Awards, six Silver Awards and one Silver with Distinction. In addition, I became a finalist in the Portrait Classic category.
I also have achieved success across the ditch in AIPP [Australian Institute of Professional Photography] annual awards: I was awarded two Silver Awards in the Illustrative category and a Silver Distinction Award in the Portrait category, denoting superior in imagination craft and skill.
Conducted by some of Australia’s most recognised photographers, judging for the awards took place over three days at the industry’s annual show. Each of the thousands of images entered was critiqued in detail by an esteemed judging panel. The awards were judged according to originality, creativity, technical skills, quality of printing and presentation. The Awards are the most sought-after accolade in Australian professional photography and the standard rises each year due to the fierce competition. The Australian Professional Photography Awards are open to all Australian and overseas professional photographers. Entries are judged in sub-categories covering specialised forms of professional photography including: Commercial, Self-Promotion, Wedding, Science, Environment & Nature and Landscape. The awards represent the best of the best professional photography in Australia.
Click here to enjoy more of my recent awards